This will also be the first time that the four of us have been able to meet together all at one time. I look forward to speaking with each of the other candidates at the forum/debate.
Here is the format which is supposed to consist of the following:
• Each candidate will give a five-minute opening.
• Prepared questions from a panel of media personalities will be asked to the candidates.
• Each candidate will have three minutes to respond to each question.
• Each candidate will have a one-minute rebuttal if desired.
• The forum will conclude with each candidate giving a five-minute closing statement.
This will be the first time that I will be taking part in an event of this kind and am looking forward to the process. A debate is a way for the voters to see who the candidate is and what it is that they stand for. It is a way to see if an individual person is the best choice to represent them and their area in Washington D.C. I can only hope that those in attendance and those that see or read about the even later understand that I want to serve them as their voice in Congress. I want to make sure that the district and those that live in it are fairly represented in our nations capitol.
Mike Bates of Station WBEY will be the moderator for the event.